The Opera House:
The Opera House:
- The Opera House is a masterpiece that belongs to all Australians. One of the world's most recognised and celebrated buildings, it contributes significantly to the cultural life of the city. The World Heritage-listed Opera House welcomes over 8.2 million visitors on site every year and hosts 1,800 performances attended by 1.4 million people. It is one of the world's busiest cultural precincts.
- The Opera House is the result of a seminal collaboration between the people of Australia and Denmark's most famous architect, Jørn Utzon - an enduring connection that was first forged when the young Utzon won the original design competition for Sydney's Opera House in 1957. The links between Australia and Denmark continue to strengthen and evolve to this day. As we launch ourselves forward to the next 10 years, the 40th anniversary will signify the beginning of a decade to secure Jørn Utzon's masterpiece for future generations of artists, visitors and audiences.
- For 40th anniversary media enquiries, to be placed on the news release list or to enquire about media accreditation, please contact Kate Huish, Communications Manager on: email@example.com
- For all other Opera House media enquiries, please contact the publicity team on: MediaTeam@sydneyoperahouse.com
- To view current news announcements related to the Opera House's 40th anniversary, please click on the PDF links below.
- The Opera House announces Danish Royals as official patrons of the Opera House's 40th anniversary
- The Opera House recreates famous 1973 opening concert under the stars
- The Western Foyer of the Opera House will be transformed into a number of installations inspired by the sparse, elegant modernism of Danish design.
- The famous Opera House Lottery will be brought back to celebrate the Opera House's 40th Anniversary.
- The Architecture and Design Symposium is a unique one-day event on Friday 25 October to be opened by His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
- A national competition offering the ultimate filmmaking experience, Samsung's 'The Shoot' will premiere at the Opera House as part of its 40th celebrations
- Sydney Opera House announces full line-up for historic 40th Anniversary Concert