The Opera House:
The Opera House:
Danish Design at the House
_25 Oct - 24 Nov
- Inspired by the elegance and rigour for which the Sydney Opera House is internationally renowned, Danish Design at the House is an exclusively curated exhibition that showcases the best of Danish design past and present.
- The Western Foyer of Sydney Opera House will be transformed into an installation featuring timeless design classics from the Utzon era, together with innovative contemporary design from Denmark. Curated by Gerard Reinmuth (TERROIR) in collaboration with Karen Kjaergaard, with support from the Danish Trade Council and the Danish Arts Foundation, Danish Design at the House features design, art and architecture from world-renowned Danish companies - from Bang & Olufsen to the LEGO® Group - and sheds light on the values and logic that have underpinned Danish design for generations. These include concepts such as 'materiality', 'technology' and 'pragmatism'.
- Danish Design at the House is open to the public, free of charge, from 25 October - 24 November, 2013.
- Companies featured include: Bang & Olufsen // BODUM // Cane-line // ECCO // ege // Eilersen // FLEYE // Georg Jensen // Grundfos Pumps // HAY // Kay Bojesen ApS // Lightyears // LINDBERG // Louis Poulsen // OLE LYNGGAARD COPENHAGEN // Onecollection // Nordisk // Novo Nordisk // Paustian // Republic of Fritz Hansen // SCANPAN // Steensen Varming // the LEGO® Group // Viola Sky // VisitDenmark //
- For more information on the exhibition and brands features please visit: http://australien.um.dk/en/culture-and-events/danishdesignatthehouse/
You might also like